If you like a simple classic touch to your home, make sure you choose the right shape for the doors and windows of the house. For the appearance of the dwelling to look more aesthetic and attractive, classic wooden windows can be an option. Here is some design inspiration to copy!
Apart from doors, windows are also an important and mandatory part of the house. No matter the size of the house is large, medium, or small. To choose it, you have to be observant, so that the windows match the overall concept of the house.
For a residence with a classic feel, consider this classic wooden window inspiration.
Classic Wooden Window Design Inspiration
1. Two-level Tall Wooden Window
This wooden window design consists of two parts arranged into one so that the shape looks tall.
At the top, the window glass is split in half by a wooden frame.
While at the bottom, the window glass is divided into two boxes as well.
2. Classic Wood Window Without Glass
This wooden window has hinges on the side, so it can be opened as wide as possible. But the shutters do not use glass, entirely using the wood material.
Even so, the appearance is not monotonous thanks to the small boards that form a trellis in the middle of the window frame.
3. Wooden Windows with Glass Motif Applications
This classic wooden window frame looks ordinary, only rectangular without any carving. Uniquely, the glass used on the shutters is motif glass. You can see the motif in the middle.
This shape is even more striking thanks to the colored glass used in several parts.5. Jendela
4. Simple with Slide Model
This classic wooden window has no hinges anywhere.
To open it, you just have to move the window to the right or left depending on the position of the movable shutters.
Usually, this window has two sides, and one side is simply an immovable viewing window.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Wooden Windows
1. Advantages of Wooden Windows
The wood material is one of the elements that bring a natural feel to the house.
This is what causes many people to compete to use it.
Including, to be used as a window frame material.
- Regular appearance matches the wood type, creating a natural feel.
- There are various variations of shapes according to needs.
- Suitable for use in various home designs.
- Easy to process manually, and the material is flexible to shape
- Some woods have strength like iron materials, such as teak and ironwood.
2. Disadvantages of Wooden Windows
Although it looks attractive and aesthetic, wooden windows have various disadvantages.
One of them, now wood material with good quality is hard to find.
Even if there is, the price is quite expensive, because the supply is limited.
Not only that, here are some other drawbacks of wooden windows:
- Easily eaten by termites, so it requires periodic maintenance with paint or coating.
- The volume of wood can change due to water if the quality is not good.
- More expensive than aluminum windows.